Rovaniemen ohjelmatiedot ovat toistaiseksi saatavilla vain englanniksi.
The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, are a spectacular natural phenomenon, often seen dancing around in fantastic colors across the Arctic sky. In the late evening of September 29th, Arktikum Science Centre in Rovaniemi invites people to to take a closer look at this beautiful phenomenon and to learn more about it. The event is split in three main stages:
- The Aurora night starts with a visit to Arktikum’s Science Centre where a local guide will tell to the guests the facts and legends about the Northern Lights while touring the exhibition.
- Scientists will introduce the basics of Northern lights through an edutaining lectures as well as informing on how to predict the Northern lights and to find the best spots to observe them.
- Professional photographers will demonstrate and explain the basics on how to take a good shot of Northern lights and explain the required conditions and equipment.
A small evening snack is offered to all the guests and while checking the sky and if lucky, the evening will end by observing Northern lights from the bank of Ounasjoki river just behind Arktikum building.
Northern lights photo exhibition: prior to the happening, Arktikum will launch a photo competition about Northern lights. The best shots will then be exhibited in the main corridor during the event and further.
Facts of the services
The event will be happening twice on 29th of September 2017
· DATE AND TIME: 29.9.2017, 18:00 and 20:00
· DURATION OF SERVICE: 1,5hours
· CAPACITY (min pax / max pax): max 150 persons/ session
· POSSIBLE CONSTRAINTS / RESTRICTIONS: Pre-bookings, allergies need to be informed beforehand.